From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.4.0
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 04:49:36 GMT
I don't know what the rules are for a BOM vote.  It seems close to a release vote, which would
indicate a -1 is not a veto (ie it's a majority vote).

However, continuing down this path we'll end up with a -1 from Owen when it comes time to
release 0.4.  Releases are majority votes, but the rest of the IPMC is going to take a long
hard look if you have a -1 from one of your mentors.  I think it's in everyone's interest
to work this out now rather than ignore his -1 only to bump into it again when it's time to
release.  I realize you feel his -1 is unjustified.  But simply declaring it to be so and
moving on will not make the issue go away.

Alan.