From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Concerns over Hue inclusion
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 21:56:37 GMT
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:
> Changing threads: Owen, please don't reply in the VOTE thread with
> anything but a clearly spelled out vote. It helps us to keep discussion
> separate from the voting process. Thanks.

It was clearly relevant. I was saying that I don't think the proposed
contents is an appropriate release. The discussion is part of the vote
and shouldn't be short-circuited by pulling it into a separate thread.

> The discussion on the incubator general has established that there's
> absolutely no issue with including *code* that supports Hue into the
> Bigtop source tree.

That was never the concern. The concern is that Bigtop is planning to
package and distribute a project that isn't an Apache project. That
hasn't been resolved at all and Bigtop can't reasonably release
including Hue until it is. This will likely hold up any Bigtop release
that tries to include Hue.

-- Owen