From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] BOM and supported platforms for Bigtop 0.4.0
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 16:15:45 GMT
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
> If you do decide to commit BIGTOP-570 then I guess that would add Giraph 0.2.0 ?

I would be a strong +1 on adding it to the BOM for Bigtop 0.4.0. If
nothing else,
it sounds like a very interesting project and given that you can help us
maintain it -- seems like a natural addition to a distribution.

Now, this, actually, reminds me -- given that we currently have 2
active branches
in Bigtop (one being Hadoop 1.X based and the other one Hadoop 2.X based) will
you be interested in seeing that Giraph is compatible with both?

> If so, then Giraph itself makes an interesting test that brings together MR and ZooKeeper,
> I could look into how one adds an end to end test. Giraph has a PageRank benchmark
> that seems a good candidate.

Thanks for brining this up -- we need at least a smoke-level test for
each component
(nothing fancy to start with -- running examples, etc). But it is
crucial that we have
*something* available. I would really appreciate if you could help with that.

Thanks,
Roman.