From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Concerns over Hue inclusion
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 20:46:42 GMT
Changing threads: Owen, please don't reply in the VOTE thread with
anything but a clearly spelled out vote. It helps us to keep discussion
separate from the voting process. Thanks.

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
> You haven't addressed the concern over Hue. It is completely
> inappropriate for Bigtop to distribute rpms and debs for non-Apache
> projects. So unless Hue is being donated to Apache, please remove it
> from the list.

The discussion on the incubator general has established that there's
absolutely no issue with including *code* that supports Hue into the
Bigtop source tree. That future code will be part of the Bigtop and as
such will be part of the Apache Foundation Project. No Hue source
code will be added to the Bigtop repository.

Now, it seems that you still have some additional concerns wrt. convenience
artifacts. If that's the case, may I suggest that you articulate them clearly
within the same thread on incubator general?

Thanks,
Roman.