From Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] BOM and supported platforms for Bigtop 0.4.0
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 02:50:20 GMT
I am not sure to follow.
The charter hasn't changed at all.  Hue is  Apache licensed and related
to Apache Hadoop. So I don't see any issue.
It is not different from Apache Hadoop depending on other projects not
being part of the Apache Foundation. These are just build dependencies.

Restricting ourselves to Apache Foundation projects only would really
limit the opportunities of Apache Bigtop. The same way if Apache Hadoop
could only depend on dependencies being part of the Apache Foundation.

On 04/30/2012 03:30 PM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:
> A question...
>
> The stated goal of BigTop is to package "official releases of the Apache Hadoop-related
projects".  I believe stated policy is to require that only official releases from Apache
projects can be packaged, no patches or development branches.  Do I have that right?  Has
Cloudera contributed Hue to Apache or are you suggesting a change to the charter of BigTop
to package vendor hosted projects as well as Apache Projects?