From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.4.0
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 05:15:22 GMT
These are great points, Alan.

It would be also great if you can help us to finally get the answers to the
questions raised in this thread wrt Owen's -1. We have tried to get a better
understanding of Owen's position and have narrowed it down to asking a pretty
binary yes/no kind of questions. The majority of the project contributors (and
the voting count shows it clearly) are in favor of doing this release in the
proposed state of the source code.

My take is that members of this incubating project tried hard to resolve the
issues instead of simply plowing forward. However, the questions have remained
unanswered for more than 3 days and well after the closing of the official
vote. I don't think the community has to wait indefinitely before publishing
the voting decision.

As it has been pointed out earlier in the separate discussion thread, an ASF
mentor's role is to help a podding project to move forward according to the
accepted Apache Foundation practices. And I am personally highly appreciate
your input to the matter and explanations about possible outcomes down the
road.

How do you suggest we can resolve this situation? What's the ASF way of
dealing with this sort of  predicaments? Shall a person who raises certain
concerns openly defend his or her stance in order to resolve everything in a
timely and community oriented manner and finally answer direct questions?

Please keep the input coming! Thanks
  Cos