From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] BOM and supported platforms for Bigtop 0.4.0
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 00:40:52 GMT
I'd like to put the stake in the ground and propose
that we support the following BOM:
   * Hadoop 2.0.0-alpha
   * Zookeeper 3.4.3
   * HBase 0.92.1
   * Pig 0.10.0
   * Hive 0.9.0
   * Oozie 3.2
   * Sqoop 1.4.1
   * Whirr 0.7.1
   * Mahout 0.6.1
   * Flume 1.1.0
   * Hue 2.0.0

The only components on the list that have a chance of
delaying the release are Oozie and Mahout. I will try
to deal with those communities separately and figure
out what can be done. It would be really nice to have
Hama and HCatalog but I haven't seen any major
updates on those projects. Please let me know if
I'm missing something.

As far as the supported platforms go I would like
to propose the following:
   * Fedora 16
   * Ubuntu 10.04 (LTS)
   * Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS)