From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: bigtop trunk build issues on ubuntu
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:05:57 GMT
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM, David Liu (gmail dev)
<email4yliu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am seeing several build issues with building trunk for Pig, Oozie and
> Whirr. Any suggestions? I saw for the most part, the cloudera jenkins site,
> these should be built ok. So it could be environment related.

This is related to us slowly embracing Hadoop 2.0. Unfortunately most of the
downstream components still expect that version of Hadoop to be called 0.23.
This is why you see those issues. A patch that carefully defines all the right
properties to make sure we have everything feeding off of Hadoop 2.0 will
be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Roman.