From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bigtop 0.3.0 release
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 17:04:20 GMT
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Bruno Mahé <bmahe@apache.org> wrote:
> A couple questions:
> * Are we going to generate some manifests of the packages for review? I
> would volunteer to help review them

Yes, as a general matter of updating testing manifests for the release I'll
do that. Reviewing then, of course, is an entirely separate matter and I'd
to see as many volunteer eyeballs on them as possible.

> * Are tests included in the release plan? I see
> http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-trunk-packagetest/ being
> red for a month now and this is only about package tests. What about the
> other tests we have? I can volunteer to help get things going.

Thanks it really would help if someone can coordinate the bits-testing
activities (package tests just need manifests to be updated, so there's
not much trouble in there).

> You are probably going to be pretty busy managing the release itself. So
> do you need anything that me or some other contributors could help you
> with? (getting the different VMs updated for the released URLs, getting
> more tests going on...)

As a matter of fact, the biggest bit of help that I can hope for would be
doing a bug scrub for the release:
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP/fixforversion/12317841

I've already gone through the 0.4 assigned issues and cleaned those
up. Also I've bumped a couple of issue to the blocker status -- please
don't move them (neither to 0.4 nor to a lower priority) unless you
have a *really* compelling reason to do so (and even then -- drop
the note on the mailing list first).

Other than that -- I'd love for the rest of the issues to be triaged. If
you feel really strongly that something need to be fixed for 0.3.0
please bump it to the blocker status and assign to yourself.
If you feel like you're out of capacity (or you're not quite sure about
the blocker status) elevate the bug to the critical status. We shall
review those in a couple of days.

Other than that -- I really hope we can triage all of them by the end
of this week.

Thanks,
Roman.