From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RedHat moving to OpenJDK
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 02:36:32 GMT
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Marcos Ortiz <mlortiz@uci.cu> wrote:
> Roman, It´s a lot of work but this effort is needed to do it.
> I think that a good approach to do this is create a new branch on the
> SVN called hadoop-openjdk to begin to test it.
>
> What do you think?
> Regards

I don't think you need to start with the branch -- simply get the Bigtop 0.3.0
and try building and deploying everything using OpenJDK. That'll give you
plenty food for thought. If folks would want to pursue this -- then yes we
can create a branch in Bigtop for that work to be hosted, but only when
patches start pouring in ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.