From Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BigTop] How to prepare my dev environment for the project
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:47:32 GMT
On 03/14/2012 12:15 PM, Bruno Mahé wrote:
> On 03/14/2012 11:52 AM, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
>> Regards to all the list.
>> Any recommendation to prepare all the requirements to get my system
>> ready for working with Big Top tools?
>> My laptop runs on Fedora 16 x86_64.
>> Best wishes

Hi Marcos,

You may want to take a look at:
*
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Frequently+Asked+Questions+%28FAQ%29#FrequentlyAskedQuestions%28FAQ%29-HowtobuildacomponentofBigTop%3F
* http://apachebigtop.pbworks.com/w/page/48434924/FrontPage

But I would recommend the following:
* (open)JDK 6
* rpmbuild
* Make
* Maven 3
* protobuf-compiler if you are going to work on the hadoop-0.23 branch
* ant
* gcc-c++
* autotools (automake/autoconf/libtool)
* openssl-devel
* zlib-devel
* asciidoc
* xmlto
* fuse-devel
* createrepo

I am not sure it is still needed, but you may need forrest 0.8 and to
export FORREST_HOME. And in case, don't waste time trying to package
forrest. It's not very packaging friendly and projects are in the
process of getting rid of it.

Feel free to ask any question if you encounter any issue.

Thanks,
Bruno