From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by RomanShaposhnik
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 06:03:09 GMT

On 03/13/2012 01:27 AM, Bruno Mahé wrote:
> Hi Marcos,
>
> Let's not ask Bigtop specific questions on general@hadoop.apache.org. So
> let's reply on bigtop-dev@incubator.apache.org
>

> See my reply inline.
>
> On 03/12/2012 08:44 PM, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
>> Thanks to Todd (todd@cloudera.com), I talked today with Bruno Mahe
>> (bruno@cloudera.com) about how to
>> help on the BitTop project.
>> I will a unique response how I can help for it:
>> - First, I'm a proud user and big fan of Fedora and RHEL, so this is my
>> first interest in to help on the RPM packaging of the projects, and to
>> test them on the new releases of Fedora (now I'm using Fedora 16 64
>> bits, but in a near future, I will update my system to
>> Fedora 17 (Rawhide))
>>
> Great to see another user of Fedora!
> So I guess you will also like the fact that our VMs are made through
> boxgrinder and are using Fedora tools to create the live usb/cd image :)
Of course
+1 for this :)

>> - Second: Bruno said to me that he and his team are working on some
>> puppet recipes to deploy the entire cluster easily and quickly.
>> I'm a big fan of Puppet too (In my daily work like Sysadmin, I use it in
>> every configuration task of several nodes), and this is very interesting
>> to me too.
>>

> First of all, to avoid any confusion let's talk of "community" instead
> of "teams".
>
> Then, all the puppet code is in the directory bigtop-deploy/puppet.
> There are also some minimal instructions regarding how to use them:
> https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/trunk/bigtop-deploy/puppet/README.md
Tomorrow, I will review this to understand how to use them.

> If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask on the mailing list.
>
>> I'm a Git lover, so, I will clone the project for the Apache git, and I
>> will see the best and quick way to help to you.
>> Thanks a lot for your time
>> Best wishes
>
> Most of the contributors on Bigtop use git, so don't hesitate to ask
> questions as well on the mailing list.
>

> As a reminder, the layout of Bigtop goes this way:
> bigtop-deploy/live-cd =>  files to create bootable live cd/usb
> bigtop-deploy/puppet =>  all the puppet recipes
> bigtop-deploy/vm =>  boxgrinder manifests
> bigtop-packages =>  packaging files
> bigtop-test-framework =>  test framework
> bigtop-tests =>  tests artefacts/suites
And the integration parts where are?
Inside the test-framework or inside bigtop-tests?

> Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any question, remark or issue.
No problem.

--
Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
  Sr. Software Engineer (UCI)

Fin a la injusticia, LIBERTAD AHORA A NUESTROS CINCO COMPATRIOTAS QUE SE ENCUENTRAN INJUSTAMENTE
EN PRISIONES DE LOS EEUU!
http://www.antiterroristas.cu
http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com