From Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bigtop 0.3.0 release
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 05:17:38 GMT
> A note from your neighborhood Bigtop 0.3.0 release manager: it looks
> like feature-wise we're all set for releasing Bigtop 0.3.0:
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-352
> and I would like to go ahead with the series of alpha/beta builds this
> week.
>
> Please let me know if you have any reason to believe that Bigtop 0.3.0
> should wait. If not, the hope is to submit an RC candidate for voting
> as early as the end of this week.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

A couple questions:
* Are we going to generate some manifests of the packages for review? I
would volunteer to help review them
* Are tests included in the release plan? I see
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-trunk-packagetest/ being
red for a month now and this is only about package tests. What about the
other tests we have? I can volunteer to help get things going.

You are probably going to be pretty busy managing the release itself. So
do you need anything that me or some other contributors could help you
with? (getting the different VMs updated for the released URLs, getting
more tests going on...)

Thanks,
Bruno