From Tom White <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Signing our convenience artefact?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:17:30 GMT
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Bruno Mahé <bmahe@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question for our mentors:
> As part of the incoming Apache Bigtop (incubating) release, I am interested in starting
to sign our convenience
> packages/repositories.
> I am afraid using the release manager key to sign released convenience packages/repositories
would bring too much issues to be managed since it may change for each release. So what is
Apache stance on using a release key to be shared between release managers or some other entity?

> Note that this only applies to the convenience package/repositories, not
> the release itself.

The convenience packages are still a part of the release and have to
conform to Apache release requirements. Why is it too difficult to
have a key per manager? It's what all other projects do.

Cheers,
Tom