From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Hive projects for Google Summer of code 2012 ?
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 23:38:24 GMT
I used to be a mentor on a couple of GSOCs and it was
a good experience for the projects I was mentoring.

Should we submit an application for Bigtop?

Mentors, what's the Apache policy on incubating projects
and GSOC?

Also, what about Bharath's suggestion of doing it on
behalf of ASF?

Thanks,
Roman.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: bharath vissapragada <bharathvissapragada1990@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Subject: Hive projects for Google Summer of code 2012 ?
To: user@hive.apache.org, dev@hive.apache.org

Hey list, devs,

Google summer of code, 2012 's notification [1] has been released and
mentoring organizations can submit their proposals to Google for opensource
projects.

Any of the devs interested in mentoring students on Hive projects ( any
critical jiras etc.) ?  It would be great if any of the devs (dev list
cc'ed) can do that on behalf of ASF .

It would be a great opportunity for  many students to contribute patches to
Hadoop and Hive and make their summer vacation fruitful.

[1] http://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012

Thanks and Regards,
Bharath .V
w:http://researchweb.iiit.ac.in/~bharath.v