From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.1.3 (candidate 0)
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 23:24:04 GMT
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Mohammad Islam <mislam77@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This version of oozie is not for hadoop 0.23.  It will come to the next release..

Understood, but we have local Bigtop patches in that branch that make it better
for hadoop-0.23.

>>1. this appears to be a binary tarball containing no source files. As far
>>   as Apache release go -- the tarball is supposed to be a source tarball
>  >  with an additional option of convenience binary artifact either in the same
>  >  tarball or alongside with it.
>
> I was following the HowToRelease instructions from HCatalog which doesn't said it.
> I had a chat with Alejandro on this last week. We thought we would include it in the
next release.
> Now I think we should do it in this release too.

I don't think including source code is optional when doing an Apache release.

>   >3. it appears that your assembly plugin inserted an extra '/' between
>   >oozie-3.1.3/ and 'docs' subdirectory. this results in a weird unpacking
>   >errors with some of the tar's and GUI programs.
>
> This one is not clear to me.
> What is the error message and how did you get that?

All the details are on this JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-680

I strongly suggest that this gets fixed, since it makes it difficult to
untar your tarball on certain versions of tar.

Thanks,
Roman.