From Peter Linnell` <plinn...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Hive projects for Google Summer of code 2012 ?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 22:38:08 GMT
Hi,

On 02/06/2012 11:27 AM, Bruno Mahé wrote:
> Sure! It sounds like a great idea.
> Count me in.

Count me in too. I have mentored now 4 or 5 times, so I am quite
familiar with the process. What we should be doing now is preparing the
application.

On Scribus we have structured the proposal like this:
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Category:GSOC_2011

In short we need ideas for students and a time line with folks to handle
the tasks at deadline.

The other important thing is to ensure students are well briefed on
expectations in advance, hence we have:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/GSoC_2011_Student_Requirements

Thanks,
Peter