From Mohammad Islam <misla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 0.23 support in upcoming Apache Oozie release
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 01:44:44 GMT
Recently we were going through different naming conventions. Therefore, we see some duplicates
and unnecessary branches/tags.
I will clean those.

In addition, tag 3.2 was for probable release.

We will make those things cleaned soon.
Thanks for pointing those out.

Regards,
Mohammad

----- Original Message -----
From: Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org>
To: oozie-dev@incubator.apache.org; Mohammad Islam <mislam77@yahoo.com>
Cc: "bigtop-dev@incubator.apache.org" <bigtop-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 3, 2012 5:39 PM
Subject: Re: Hadoop 0.23 support in upcoming Apache Oozie release

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Mohammad Islam <mislam77@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Roman,
> At yahoo, we are still verifying Oozie against 0.23. Few bugs are still outstanding against
Hadoop.

> We plan to include 0.23 into 3.2 if all the issues are finished by then. Otherwise it
might go to 3.3 also.

Ok, so it isn't a committed feature. That's fine.

I also have a couple of questions on branching/tagging that seems to be going on
with Oozie:
    1. I see tags for  3.2 and 3.1.3 and I'm wondering what do those mean?
        AFAIK, I haven't seen any official Oozie release out of Apache:
        http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/oozie/tags/
    2. As far as branches are concerned:
           http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/oozie/branches/
        what's the difference between  3.1, 3.2, branch-3.1 and branch-3.1.3 ?

Thanks,
Roman.