From Sridhar Iyer <sridhar.v.i...@gmail.com>
Subject apt-get update issues
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:02:45 GMT
Hi,

I was redoing my setup on Virtualbox 4.1.8 on Win7(64 bit) with Lucid 64bit
as the guest OS. However after adding the gpg key and doing apt-get update,
I see the following error:

Get:3 http://mirror.nyi.net bigtop/contrib Packages [288B]
> 64% [3 Packages bzip2 0B]bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
> Err http://mirror.nyi.net bigtop/contrib Packages
>   Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
> Ign http://mirror.nyi.net bigtop/contrib Sources
> Ign http://mirror.nyi.net bigtop/contrib Sources
> Err http://mirror.nyi.net bigtop/contrib Sources
>   0  Ok
> Fetched 775B in 0s (1,031B/s)
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://mirror.nyi.net/apache/incubator/bigtop/stable/repos/ubuntu/dists/bigtop/contrib/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2
Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://mirror.nyi.net/apache/incubator/bigtop/stable/repos/ubuntu/dists/bigtop/contrib/source/Sources.gz
0  Ok
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead.

It is trying to download the .bz2 file and that location only has
Packages.bz2. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Sridhar