From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building hadoop-0.22 branch on Centos6
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:25:04 GMT
Moving this to bigtop-dev@

Hi Graeme!

First of all, thank a lot for your interest in our hadoop-0.22 based Bigtop
stack. We are a bit  behind in updating that branch so any kind of help
is really appreciated.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Graeme Seaton <lists@graemes.com> wrote:
> The two reject files I got from compiling pig-0.9.1 were:

I think those patches are now quite out of date. The correct patch to make
Pig work with the Hadoop 0.23 is in the hadoop-0.23 branch. You can take
it as a basis for making Pig work with Hadoop-0.22.

In general it would be really appreciated if you could explore a possibility
of back-porting the patches for downstream components such as Hive
and Pig from hadoop-0.23 branch into hadoop-0.22 branch. I expect
it to be some work, but no as monumental as it used to be, since quite
a few changes have already happened upstream.

Thanks,
Roman.