From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: versions of things
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 17:15:25 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm just tracking this on email, so forgive me if I seem clueless
>
> what versions of the artifacts are being targeted?

The complete bill of materials for Bigtop is always recorded in: bigtop.mk
     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bigtop/trunk/bigtop.mk

> Is it the 0.20.20x+ branch of Hadoop w/ things on top, or is it 0.23+ stuff?

For the Bigtop 0.1.0 release it was 0.20.2. We are currently figuring out what
versions of components should we track in Bigtop 0.2.0. If you have any feedback
for us, please don't hesitate to record it on this JIRA:

Finally, we NEVER ever patch Apache releases:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Frequently+Asked+Questions+%28FAQ%29

Speaking of which -- I remember this policy preventing us from picking
up 0.20.203, since sadly enough the build there (native part of it) is broken.

> Is the goal to target and test both?

We do this release-by release.

Thanks,
Roman.