From Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Official list of supported platforms
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2011 05:21:12 GMT
On 09/06/2011 04:43 PM, Bruno Mahé wrote:
> On 09/06/2011 01:44 PM, Bruno Mahé wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Given no one has objected to the previous thread, I am calling a vote.
>>
>> So let's vote on adopting the following set of platforms:
>> * Latest released CentOS (currently 6.0)
>> * Latest released Ubuntu LTS (currently 10.04)
>> * Latest released OpenSUSE (currently 11.4)
>> * Latest released Fedora (currently 15)
>>
>> This means we can't check in any patch that will break any of these OSes.
>> It also means we can't upgrade a component of BigTop if that component
>> cannot be built or tested on all of these OSes.
>>

>> This does not preclude anyone to add support for or maintain any other
>> platform, but this would not be a requirement for BigTop.
>>

>> The vote is open for 72 hours, and is open to anyone on the committers
>> or mentors list at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bigtop.html.
>>

>>  Thanks!
>>

> Since I want to focus on the list of supported platforms I am replacing:
> "This means we can't check in any patch that will break any of these
> OSes. It also means we can't upgrade a component of BigTop if that
> component cannot be built or tested on all of these OSes. "
> by
> "This means we can't release any version of BigTop with broken support
> for any of these OSes (including build and tests). It also means we
> can't upgrade a component of BigTop if that component cannot be built or
> tested on all of these OSes. "

The vote has passed with 5 +1s and either 1 or 2 -1s (depending on how
Andrew Bayer's last vote is interpreted).

+1 Andre Arcilla
+1 Edward J. Yoon
+1 Peter Linnell
+1 Roman Shaposhnik
+1 Myself

-1 Steve Loughran

Andrew Bayer is either +0 or -1. It was not clear but either choice
would not change the result.

Thank you all for voting, and ensuring a bright future for BigTop!