From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Official list of supported platforms
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 10:48:30 GMT
On 06/09/11 21:44, Bruno Mahé wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given no one has objected to the previous thread, I am calling a vote.

I'm not sure if I've missed the vote here so

> So let's vote on adopting the following set of platforms:
> * Latest released CentOS (currently 6.0)

=0. I've heard of problems related to glibc and other RHEL quirks

The alternative would be the 5.7+ branches, which are what people tend
to run in production

> * Latest released Ubuntu LTS (currently 10.04)

+1, even if the first thing you have to do on a 10.04 installation is
delete the hostname -> loopback mapping in /etc/hosts

> * Latest released OpenSUSE (currently 11.4)

+1 if someone wants to do it

> * Latest released Fedora (currently 15)

I'm a -1 on this because it's too bleeding edge, it's not LTS, and you
will end up debugging fedora problems.