From Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Official list of supported platforms
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 20:44:13 GMT
Hi,

Given no one has objected to the previous thread, I am calling a vote.

So let's vote on adopting the following set of platforms:
* Latest released CentOS (currently 6.0)
* Latest released Ubuntu LTS (currently 10.04)
* Latest released OpenSUSE (currently 11.4)
* Latest released Fedora (currently 15)

This means we can't check in any patch that will break any of these OSes.
It also means we can't upgrade a component of BigTop if that component
cannot be built or tested on all of these OSes.

This does not preclude anyone to add support for or maintain any other
platform, but this would not be a requirement for BigTop.

The vote is open for 72 hours, and is open to anyone on the committers
or mentors list at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bigtop.html.

 Thanks!