From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Apache Hadoop or CDH?
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 06:52:06 GMT
Hey Owen,

Bigtop's scope is Apache releases. Roman pasted the description of
DISTRO-54 into BIGTOP-20 verbatim, the intent was not to support CDH
in Bigtop. Since the current Bigtop source is based on CDH the same
bug applies which is why he's created the jira. I updated the
description to be more clear.

Thanks,
Eli

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I noticed that Roman filed a bug to explicitly support CDH (BIGTOP-20). Does Bigtop
intend to allow support any other proprietary forks of Hadoop or just CDH? (eg. EMC's or Brisk,
etc) Does it support Hadoop and CDH or just CDH? The project proposal said it was for Hadoop,
which is what comes from Apache.

>  This is important. Obviously, if Bigtop's scope is just CDH it is much less interesting
to me. On the other hand, for an Apache project to be exclusively focused on one company's
fork of Hadoop seems wrong.