From Andrew Bayer <andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Roadmap for 0.2.0-incubating
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 22:18:46 GMT
So what do we need/want to do for 0.2.0-incubating? Here's my first round of
suggestions (which are up on the wiki at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Release+0.2.0-incubating+Roadmapas
well):

* Official designation of supported platforms.
* Removal of Java package dependencies.
* Cleanup/reorganization of source, package renames, etc.
* As part of release, make sure itest gets released to Maven repo.
* Automated testing of at least package existence/installation for all
packages on all supported platforms (on [http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/]
for now).
* Fixing of all bugs marked for 0.2.0 on JIRA ([see here|
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+BIGTOP+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.2.0%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC
])
* Some documentation - at the very least, how to build, how to install once
you've built.
* Ideally, some sort of distribution method for the convenience artifacts,
even if we can't do that via ASF infrastructure.

Anyone else have thoughts?

A.