From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for reorganizing Bigtop svn repo
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:00:47 GMT
Hi!

So essentially the proposal seems to be going along the lines of having
a top level split between "independent" project that happen to be under
the same bigtop umbrella:
   * packaging infrastructure
   * iTest
   * integration test artifacts/test suites

This is a fine split as far as I'm concerned. I'm not quite sure how things
like site would fit here, but...

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Andrew Bayer <andrew.bayer@gmail.com> wrote:
> - The current src/pkg contents will go to a new bigtop-packages/src
> directory.
> - The current src/repos directory will move to bigtop-repos - specifically
> to bigtop-repos/apt, since the only file we've got is Debian-specific
> currently.
> - The current top-level POM and src/site directory will move to bigtop-site.
> - test/src/itest-common will move to bigtop-test-framework
> - The code in test/src/integration will get folded in with what's currently
> in test/src/smokes, moved from (module)/src/test to (module)/src/main (since
> these are artifacts containing tests to be run later, not tests to be run at
> build time), and then all moved to bigtop-tests/test-artifacts.
> - test/src/suites will move to bigtop-tests/test-execution
> - docs can either stay as is or be renamed bigtop-docs for consistency.
>
> How does that sound to everyone?

The overall proposal looks fine to me.

Thanks,
Roman.