From Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Review then commit, or commit then review
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 02:23:27 GMT
On 08/08/2011 10:06 AM, Andrew Bayer wrote:
> Hey all -
>
> I'm calling a vote on whether we should go with review then commit (R-T-C)
> or commit then review (C-T-R). See definitions at
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html. The vote's open for 72
> hours, and is open to anyone on the committers or mentors list at
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bigtop.html. Thanks!
>
> A.

I vote +1 for R-T-C.
We are far from being behind the number of patches to review, and so far
I believe most of them, if not all, have been reviewed within a day.
Given these packages are meant to work across a wide variety of
distributions, it is very easy to let some bugs slip through and break
bigtop for some GNU/Linux distributions. Furthermore we don't have any
job set up on jenkins to confirm whether a patch break something or not.
And even if we do get some slaves by 0.0.1 or 0.0.2, there will not be
as much coverage as there should be.
So I would welcome some extra pairs of eyeballs on patches.