incubator-awf-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reusing awf code
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 08:03:28 GMT
Le 9/7/12 9:21 AM, Michele Zuccala' a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a question to ask, hoping that there is still someone :)
>
> - what is the right way to reuse code from AWF in another open source
> project? In the current source code, there is no copyright. It is enough to
> refer to the license, and something like "Based on AWF framework"!!?

The fact that the files have no ASF header is a result of the projet
stagnation. You should assume that each of the files have an ASF header.

I suggest you add :

/*
  *  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
  *  or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
  *  distributed with this work for additional information
  *  regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
  *  to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
  *  "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
  *  with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
  *
  *    http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
  *
  *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
  *  software distributed under the License is distributed on an
  *  "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
  *  KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
  *  specific language governing permissions and limitations
  *  under the License.
  *
  */

on top of the file you want to copy, and to add the AL 2.0 file in your
distribution ( http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0).

Hope it helps.

--
Regards,