incubator-awf-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 15:46:06 GMT
Le 4/4/12 5:17 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din a écrit :
> Hi...
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Le 4/3/12 4:49 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din a écrit :
>>
>>   We have to prepare it max. by tomorrow  :)
>> Seems like we have trouble with this incubating project :/
>>
>> I understand that Seven wants to pursue the effort (I know that he has
>> some personal things to deal with that just exhaust the time he can devote
>> to the project), but an incubating project should not depend on one single
>> person.
>>
>> So, should we, mentors, draft something ?
>
> I believe the problem here is more than just drafting something here:
> 1- Depending on a single developer
> 2- Not having a single release since the time being in the incubator
>
> That would raise some signals to the IPMC. I believe it is better to bring
> that to the private mailing list and have more discussions there ?
AFAICT, and since the last report, we had some activity. Not a lot, but
still.

Séven mentionned that someone could be a potential committer, then I
would suggest that we start a vote.

Otherwise, unless we really have some private things to discuss, I'd
rather keep all the discussions on the public list. So far, there is
nothing bad in openly discussing about the participation level.

Now, we *have* to provide a report, even if it mentions that the project
has some difficulties to sustain a high rate of commits. It's better
than no report, which is an even worse message sent to the IPMC :)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,