incubator-awf-dev mailing list archives

From Séven Le Mesle <sevenleme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any activity soon ?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 22:55:21 GMT

Good to have such answers, Michele I surely can get youre patches and merge them in the source
tree.
We chose a new name for the project, should I refactor the packages to use the new name as
well as the pom's ?
My idea to keep the community up and running, is first to make the ML more active so new users
can have more feedback. I also want to write one article about on my company blog: blog.xebia.fr
it has good visibility for Java IT in France.
Now here is the question what should we do now ?
By priority:
1- improve http rfc support (streaming / parsing)
2- improve buffering with pools
3- create a builder pattern or something to simplify server creation (multi-thread included)
There is many fine tuning we can do to improve performances and usability.

One more thing, we need to release a full apache version.
I hope this sounds good to all of you, just tell me.

Séven.

Le 6 févr. 2012 à 22:57, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@apache.org> a écrit :

> On 2/6/12 10:23 PM, Michele Zuccala' wrote:
>> Guys, I want to tell you that I never stop using deft.
>> When I have seen no more update, I looked for something similar, but there
>> is currently no framework that is simple to use, light and fast like this (
>> netty is good, but too generic)
>>
>> After several months of use I can say that it is already stable enough to be
>> used in production (I'm not crazy: D is the engine of my api REST) and my
>> boss is pleased of the results
>>
>> So long life to deft and I would be happy to help you with ideas and
>> patches that I have developed up to now.
>
> Any patch would be very welcomed ! You know, Michele, becoming a contributor is as easy
as providing some patches and being voted in as a committer.

> Regarding the project status, I would also say that the most difficult part of being
in the incubator, is to get out and becoming a TLP. It's all about attracting new committers,
to increase the number of active contributors, as an ASF project is all about the community,
not the code.

> Some of you may decide to stop the effort, because they don't have time, energy, or have
switch to some other project, that's just fine. It's a collaborative effort, people get in,
people get out. And some other still have an interest in it, this is how the project keeps
going on.