incubator-awf-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any activity soon ?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 21:57:16 GMT
On 2/6/12 10:23 PM, Michele Zuccala' wrote:
> Guys, I want to tell you that I never stop using deft.
> When I have seen no more update, I looked for something similar, but there
> is currently no framework that is simple to use, light and fast like this (
> netty is good, but too generic)
>
> After several months of use I can say that it is already stable enough to be
> used in production (I'm not crazy: D is the engine of my api REST) and my
> boss is pleased of the results
>
> So long life to deft and I would be happy to help you with ideas and
> patches that I have developed up to now.

Any patch would be very welcomed ! You know, Michele, becoming a
contributor is as easy as providing some patches and being voted in as a
committer.

Regarding the project status, I would also say that the most difficult
part of being in the incubator, is to get out and becoming a TLP. It's
all about attracting new committers, to increase the number of active
contributors, as an ASF project is all about the community, not the code.

Some of you may decide to stop the effort, because they don't have time,
energy, or have switch to some other project, that's just fine. It's a
collaborative effort, people get in, people get out. And some other
still have an interest in it, this is how the project keeps going on.

So let's make this baby shake !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,