incubator-awf-dev mailing list archives

From Johnathan Meehan <jmee...@phasevariance.com>
Subject Re: [Architecture Discussion] General
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:43:49 GMT
On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 19:22 +0100, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Le 2/15/12 7:00 PM, Johnathan Meehan a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know there's a thread to discuss, erm, threads, but I thought a fresh
> > place to discuss the architectural-level changes we might want to make
> > would be a good idea. I created DEFT-120 as a place for anybody to
> > attach diagrams and the like for reference in this discussion, and I was
> > thinking the initial intention could be as limited as bringing some
> > order to the current code base.
> >
> > For my own part, I do have a couple of ideas I intend to document but
> > right now I will look at implementing Acceptor-Connector as a first
> > step.
> Can you roughly expose your expose here ?

Okay, so I created a scratch page for us all here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/bseoAQ

I thought Acceptor would be a relatively simple first step to break
apart some of the responsibilities in the code (and introduce a little
flexibility), and is a chance to start thinking more formally about how
we'll put things together. As it relates to despatch it would also
provide good ground for thinking about threading issues discussed
earlier.

> Can someone put down the expectations and requirements for the whole
> system ? That could help to bring new ideas on the table

That's a great idea.