From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrade to Tika 1.2 [WAS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcome Peter Ansell as Any23 PPMC member and committer
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 11:34:17 GMT
Hi Peter,

Firstly thanks for the formal introduction glad that your now
officially on board.

I've changed the thread topic slightly to discuss what work you have
done on your github branch regarding the Tika upgrade? I see that your
using Tika 1.1? Would it be possible to phase this into the existing
codebase before doing the module restructuring that we are currently
discussing elsewhere?

I vaguely remember you saying that there were some problems with tests
or something (further to the Tika dependency upgrade) but I cannot
confirm this just now and it would be great if you could refresh my
mind.

If we could review (with the intention to merge back into trunk) some
of your work more incrementally then i think we can phase in it
quicker... does this make sense?

Thank very much
Lewis

Lewis