From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduation?
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 09:22:18 GMT
Hi mates!!!

>> IP Clearance - tick
>> New committers - tick
>> Release - tick
>>
>> (OK - so the project status page needs updating)
>
> +1.

+1

>> Graduation is next.
>>
>> That needs
>>
>> 1/ Decide whether to be a TLP or a sub-project of Tika
>
> I'd say TLP. But it would be good to just propose that to
> dev@tika.apache.org, ask for a lazy consensus VOTE from
> the Tika PMC members on it (I'm pretty sure they'll be +1 for
> a TLP).

+ 1 Agreed for lazy consensus VOTE from Tika PMC - TLP is fine for me

>> 2/ Choose a chair.
>
> My suggestion: Simo, Lewis, Tommaso, or Michele. Any of
> you guys interested?

Thanks a lot for the proposal, but I am already serving the Apache
Cocoon project as a chair, so I have to decline - I'd like to propose
Lewis due to strong commitment to the project, what do you think?

>> 3/ Any23 dev vote
>
> +1.
>

>> 4/ IMPMC vote
>
> +1.
>

>> 5a/ Going to the board
>> 5b/ Going to the PMC
>
> +1 to 5a, but not sure what 5b is.
>

>> and I've probably missed some detail out. [1]
>>
>> (what is the current, general Apache feeling towards sub-projects?)
>
> Not much support at all :/ No biggie, I think I wanted the Tika
> PMC to sponsor the project just in case there was more synergy
> with creating Tika parser wrappers around the Any23 modules and
> so forth and with the intention that maybe the Any23'ers would become
> more involved on the dev@tika lists (and vice versa).
>
> Instead, I think the Any23 folks have shown they are their own
> vibrant and awesome community, that is "related to" Tika, but not
> necessarily equivalent and the same as Tika, which is totally fine.
>
> Great work so far and I've been proud to be the Champion here!
> I'd be happy to start #3 once we figure out the answer to the
> Chair issue in this thread.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

+1 to all - and thanks to you for the great mentorship!
Have a nice weekend, all the best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi