From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: simplePopup license?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 09:40:48 GMT
On 04/07/12 08:01, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi Peter!
>
>> The Internet Archive has one archived version of that page from April
>> 2010 but it doesn't say which license it is under:
>>
>> http://web.archive.org/web/20100407084130/http://www.phpixel.fr/simple-popup/
>
> great work, thanks a lot!!! :) I tried the same trick with google
> cache but didn't work!!!
>
> So, looks like I am not able to reach the main author, the cached form
> doesn't show the original action (replaced by a web.archive.org link)
> and I dind't find useful info about the www.phpixel.fr...
>
> So, how to manage that dependency? Does it need to be replaced? Or we
> can consider it as PublicDomain?
>
> Please help, so I can push a new RC!
>
> TIA,
> -Simo

> http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
> http://www.99soft.org/

This is a nuisance.

The default on un-licensed material is that any 3rd parties have no
rights.  The fact it's on the public web, a mailing list, or that it's
widely used is not a mitigating factor.

This is te legal side of why you have to subscribe to Apache mailing
lists - you agreeing anything you post is granted to Apache.  So don't
copy stuff from other lists!

The JS is ~25 lines - rewrite?

Does jquery have thing to replace it?

Hmm - any23 is the #2 hit in Google for this.

	Andy