From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduation?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 18:44:47 GMT
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:53:58 +0100
Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:

> IP Clearance - tick
> New committers - tick
> Release - tick

How much diversity do we have now?

In other words, how many committers share affiliations
other than Apache (e.g. work for a common employer or
client)?  IIRC several of the initial committers were
already colleagues before apache incubation?

> and I've probably missed some detail out. [1]

Cleanup the current roster.

I may or may not be the only one, but I haven't had the time I'd hoped
to contribute, and sadly I've done pretty-much nothing.  I'll stay
subscribed to the public list, but step down from any project role.

> (what is the current, general Apache feeling towards sub-projects?)

How about a devils advocate?  Make the best possible case
for a subproject vs the best case for a TLP, and use those
as a basis for deciding?  Ask the tika folks to contribute
to the former, and if they show no interest then that could
be an answer in itself.

--
Nick Kew