From Michele Mostarda <michele.mosta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] moving toward the first release
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:32:22 GMT
Hi Folks,

On 31 May 2012 17:39, Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Simo,
>
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Simone Tripodi
> <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > apologize for the lack of participation in the last month, but I've
> > been really busy in something that literally stole my life :(
>
> Hope that things are back to normal now. I bet you were just watching
> the Giro d'Italia anyway ;0)
>
> > Anyway, I'm a little outdated on following what happened on JIRA - is
> > there any serious pending issue that prevents the first release to be
> > pushed out?
>
> Ok a quick run down
>
> ANY23-83 - Michele has committed a good bit of work here. From what I
> can see there has been around 5 commits relating to this issue,
> however I think that Peter has something to add? Please can you chime
> in here Peter if you require anything else to be bolted on to the
> issue and we can review? Thanks

Will have a look to the Peter patch, not sure the about ETA.
Not yet evaluated the impact of migrating to a new version of Sesame.

> ANY23-95 - By the looks of it this is a trivial case of switching the
> default as Michele suggests. Although it is marked as major, I'm
> hoping it is relatively simple to implement.

Working on it.

> ANY23-75 - I think this is ready to be committed? Any objections?

The patch changed as I already introduced some performance improvements
with ANY23-77.
Applying and testing, commit will follow in 1h.

> ANY23-79 - This is little more than a pain in the back side. I've
> tried messing around with the maven configuration with little joy.
> There seems to be some confusion whether setting file permissions can
> be achieved with the app-assembler or the maven assembly plugin. I
> gave up and submitted a patch which doesn't solve the problem but digs
> around the correct area. Maybe you could have a look for us Simo...
> you're Maven magic would be appreciated here. I think the idea is to
> set permissions to execute by default.
>
> It would be fine but it is not really urgent.

> ANY23-78 - This can be addressed once the release has been pushed to
> the mirror's. So technically we could push this to 0.8.0-incubating
> and address it immediately after the release has been approved.
>
> Thats all folks

Thanks Lewis for this report.
The best

Mic