From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementing GeoSPARQL
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 11:29:03 GMT
Hi,

Thought I would chime in here as it's a very interesting thread and I think
this is relevant.

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Paolo Castagna <
castagna.lists@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I see two main use cases here:
>
>  1. Crawling the web and build a dataset of statements with locations.
>  2. Indexing a dataset with statements with locations and extend SPARQL to
>    perform queries over it.
>
> For 1. you need Any23|Tika (and a crawler) and, eventually, an RDF store.
>
> I will begin working on this once we release Any23 0.7.0-incubating and
the library is available on maven central. It will be a step in the right
direction to achieving (part) of an overall potential use case as above.
Any23/Tika wrapped plugin for Apache Nutch. It would be really great to
work towards the pluggable datastores as you said Paolo, and yes this is
also something which is required outside of RDF stores, but as you mention
this is another story which we need to focus on separately.

I'll certainly get in touch when the above is done to update you guys.

Lewis