From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shift 0.7.0-incubating?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:22:49 GMT
Hi Lewis,

there are just few minor additions I'd like to discuss before to start
cutting an RC:

 1 update the plugin page according to the ServiceLoader pattern we adopted;
 2 improving the CLI code - we can do a little better maintainable
code, switching to JCommander[1] pattern
 3 add a maven archetype to simplify plugins development
 4 understand how to concurrently deploy mvn artifacts on nexus and
binaries bundles (included asc signs and md5/sha1 checksums) on the
builds server, in one shot (I would avoid the RC manager has to
perform manual operations as much as I can)

while 3 and 4 are minor, I see 1 and 2 more important - it will define
the *Apache* Any23 design and the thousands (hopefully :P) of users
that start develop their tools on top of Any23, will do in a way that
will be backward/forward compatible.

WDYT?

I'll dedicate the coming WE to Any23 to start arranging things.

Have a nice day, all the best!
-Simo

[1] http://jcommander.org/

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/