From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: can you please update your maven settings?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:17:01 GMT
On 06/03/12 11:14, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> thanks a lot for reviewing! I thought that adding a settings on
> Jenkins is possible, I am still looking for an INFRA friend of mine -
> looks like he's offline, unfortunately - to ask if that is possible.
>
> Can I can a try, before restoring Aduna repo in the parent?

Either works for me - having to remember to add -Pany23 (but only once?
they are released artifacts so no checking?) may be a source of surprise
but when it's documented, it's noted.  My style is to reduce the steps
needed for a new person to get started but as ever it's a balance.

	Andy

> Many thanks in advance, all the best!
> -Simo

> http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Andy Seaborne<andy@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Simone,
>>
>> That is what is breaking the Jenkins builds.  It can't find org.openrdf and
>> does not have local settings.xml.
>>
>> Reading that best practice note, I'd say that it's easier in an enterprise
>> setting, with a mirror of external artifacts giving a point of indirection.
>>    It "hmms" and "ahs" a bit on the open source part where there isn't such a
>> control point.
>>
>> I'd consider http://repo.aduna-software.org/maven2/releases stable enough as
>> it is teh master copy for Sesame.  Aduna are getting Sesame into the central
>> repos (which is work in progress BTW) but even then, it's mirrored from
>> somewhere (it has become a whole lot more complicated since I did it for
>> Jena from openjena.org).
>>
>> Maybe putting the Aduna repo in the Any23 parent is OK on balance.
>>
>>         Andy
>>

>> On 04/03/12 19:10, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all guys,
>>>
>>> in order to remove external repositories from the main parent pom
>>> (according to best practices [1]), I am studying an alternative
>>> solutin that still allows us use them - we need anyway the Aduna
>>> software (that is not on central) - so I kindly ask you, in order to
>>> reach a common adopted build procedure, to update your
>>> `~/.m2/settings.xml` file according to the template I just committed
>>> [2].
>>>
>>> Once setup is complete, I suggest you update your local copy of any23
>>> code and trying the build with a fresh local repository and activating
>>> the any23 profile:
>>>
>>> svn up&&    mvn clean install -Dmaven.repo.local=/tmp/any23repo -P
>>> apache.any23
>>>

>>> Using that procedure I won a "works on my machine" badge[3], I hope it
>>> builds on yours as well :P
>>>
>>> Of course that procedure should be put somewhere in the wiki.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance and all the best,
>>> -Simo
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/02/why-putting-repositories-in-your-poms-is-a-bad-idea/