From Michele Mostarda <michele.mosta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best eclispe setup?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 09:27:48 GMT
Hi Andy,

On 7 February 2012 18:29, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Just booting up ...

Good !

> What's the best way to work with the codebase with Eclipse?

I have never configured Any23 with Eclipse, I use to work with IntelliJ
(which is available now also with Community Edition).
In general I let Maven configure the project for me ( mvn idea:idea ).

I would like to suggest you to do the same: mvn eclipse:eclipse [1] , you
should obtain a self-consistent project ready to be opened with Eclipse.

> I tried pointing m2e at the top project ... and got some projects ... and
> then "null" and some broken projects.
>

> In practice, is it better to pull out the modules separately? Eclipse-ify
> a different way?
>
> This is partially because Jena is thinking about reorg of it's SVN so
> experiences with setups is useful. I see in any23 that the top to the SVN
> tree is also the parent.  Any pros and cons of that over a separate parent
> and making the root pom just a bunch of module calls?

Not sure to have understood the question.

>        Andy

The best.

Mic

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html