From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Making changes to i.a.o/Any23 site
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:23:09 GMT
Hi Lewis,
read my replies inline:

> 1) Is it OK to simply modify the raw html pages int eh site checkout?

of course, but just make sure that modifications are coherent in the
xdoc sources, otherwise they would be rewritten by someone who'll
redeploy the site via mvn

> 2) Can you please check over the wiki page I created below, as it is not
> working like this for me. You need to pas th mvn commands from some folder
> which has a pom.xml (trunk folder). Therefore after changing the source
> html in $any23-site you would do the following
>
> $ cd ~/any23-trunk
> $ mvn site-deploy -Dsite.deploymentBaseUrl=$any23-trunk

I thin the problem is in the fact that Dsite.deploymentBaseUrl
property is not a valid URL: even if deploying on local FS, you have
to specify the file:// protocol

> This would build the project... is this correct?

Yes, because it will generates some reports, such as test reports,
that need the project has to be built.

Thanks for taking care of it!!!
best,
-Simo