From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] 0.7.0 Release
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 20:44:21 GMT
Good idea!

Release in incubator isn't a once-only deal.  Any23 can be released
several times so I'd say set the barrier to release to be critical
process issues only.

The first release isn't really about code anyway - it's about team
process and adopting Apache release criterion.  The fact that some
working code gets shipped is almost a side effect!

The first release has a one-time tax to get things sorted out - that can
start even if there are some specific items to be addressed.    Once one
release is done, cranking out another is much lower cost.

ANY23-37 (LGPL issue)  is a blocker for releasing basic-crawler because
it is a legal matter but nothing else looks like a blocker from a strict
point of view to me.

	Andy