From Richard Cyganiak <rich...@cyganiak.de>
Subject Re: any23.org
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:25:03 GMT
Lewis,

On 17 Feb 2012, at 18:46, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
> I was basically trying to ask whether you are happy for the Any23 service to remain on
any23.org, however run on Apache infrastructure.

Thanks, this helps.

From a technical point of view this makes sense and I'd like to see it happen.

There's a bit of branding on any23.org from the various contributors to the original project.
Would that have to go? In that case I'd need to check back with them.

I'm cc'ing Michele – he might be able to speak for FBK and DERI regarding the logos.

There's also the old project website at http://developers.any23.org/ . What do you think should
happen to that?

All the best,
Richard

> We have opened a ticket here [1] to track the progress and Daniel (infrastructure team)
asked whether a new DNS would need to be set up... maybe something along the lines of service.any23.apache.org.
This may be unnecessary depending upon what your feelings are with any23.org?

> Thanks for getting back to us on this one.

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de> wrote:
> Hi Lewis,
>
> Thanks for getting in touch. It's great to see any23 make its process through the incubator
process.

> I'm not quite sure what you're asking though. A bit more detail would be helpful. What
exactly is the issue with the current situation around the any23.org domain?

> Best,
> Richard
>

> On 17 Feb 2012, at 16:43, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
>
> > Good Afternoon Richard,
> >
> > We are in the process of sorting out an Any23 webservice that doesn't site the old
Googlecode site, and which adheres to ASF trademark policy etc.