From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: which version?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:07:07 GMT
Hi Mic!

> If you guys think it is better to update just now the release to
> 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT
> I don't have any particular concern about it. Let me know I can take care
> of it.

if you want to (aka 'have spare time to') to increase the version
number, please s/0.6.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT/0.7.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
where ever you find it (version is referenced also in download
document) - ping me on skype if you're doing to do it so I avoid to do
the same ;)

> We have also to decide if the plugin modules will follow the version of
> core and service
> or they will have a dedicated versioning progression (that would be better
> to ensure bug fixing).

+1, if we decide to continue the development lifecycle started outside
the ASF for the main modules, we have to for plugins as well.
Otherwise, start from scratch.
I personally would like to continue the version enumeration, also to
give users that we are maintaining exactly the same product. At least,
this is what we already did at apache-commons with OGNL.

all the best!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi