From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Semantic Web projects at Aapche
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:34:43 GMT
>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2012

[[
We still need to discuss Paolo Castagna's points regarding the
integration of more of the 'semantic web' projects which exist at Apache.
]]

Hi there - happened to notice that comment in your report.  As a
committer on one such project (Jena), I hope you don't mind me chipping in.

Integration is good when it improves the user experience (by, e.g. not
forcing unnecessary choices of API, making a richer environment of code
to use, making things easier to install, ....) or if integration makes
contributors lives easier or means a contribution is more widely used
(including our own :-).  It's "less good" if it leads to dependencies
between projects causing friction or even unvoiced false expectations on
either side as to who is doing what for whom.

Are there specific ways we can help each other?  If we can find
something concrete, I think we can have better integration and benefit
us all.

	Andy