incubator-android-interest mailing list archives

From Lee Fisher <blib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How would folks like to proceed?
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 00:57:48 GMT
On 2/28/11 10:57 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> We have the list, but it has been quiet, so let's see what we can do to
> really get going.
>
> Would people like to discuss projects?  What is happening in other projects
> within the ASF, with respect to Android?  Are there external projects that
> we can bring through Incubation?  Other topics?  How can we grow and build
> Android community within the ASF?

To start with, is there a list of Android-based Android-friendly libraries?

IMO, what would be nice to happen is to create an Apache repo for the
Android SDK, to point to the Apache-hosted JARs that're Android-friendly.

(I'm not sure if that works for the NDK and C/C++ libs yet, but if so,
then that too, obviously... :-)

http://developer.android.com/sdk/adding-components.html#AddingSites

I'd be willing to investigate the repository.xml format and other
requirements, if there's an interest in an Apache-based one.