incubator-amber-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Sanso <asa...@adobe.com>
Subject Moving forward (proposal) [was: Questions for projects]
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:41:48 GMT
Hi *,

as you probably know at this stage seems that we are kind of stuck due this IP clearance issue.
My understanding is also that people might be "afraid" on committing code to the current trunk/oauth-2.0
since there is a risk that the contribution might be "lost" due IP issues (question: how much
"real" is this risk??).
Taking the risk to be a bit harsh here I'd have the following proposal in order to move forward
(please do contradict me if you do not agree or have any other proposal):

- I'd focus contribution on brand new area/modules avoiding IP related issue.

IANAL and I could be totally wrong here so I'll try to articulate my proposal with an example.
AMBER-41 [0] is a brand new topic not implemented in Amber. If I'll create a new module e.g.
 oauth2-resourceserver.mac that leverages other module oauth2-resourceserver, oauth2-common
we should be "safe".
Namely if one day we NEED to rewrite oauth2-common from scratch (again this is just hypothetical)
we can keep oauth2-resourceserver.mac  .

WDYT? Apologies again if this sounds kind of pessimistic but I have been taught to "hope for
the best and plan for the worst"

Regards

Antonio

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBER-41