From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: api questions
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 00:26:28 GMT
Looks like you can INSTALL OOZIE_SERVER directly without moving it to
MAINTENANCE state as its in the INIT state.

Step 5 at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Add+a+host+and+deploy+com
ponents+using+APIs can give you details around installing specific
components.

Before you reinstall oozie, ensure that its stopped.

From:  Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org>
Date:  Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:52 PM
To:  "ambari-user@incubator.apache.org" <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  api questions

Hello all,

I was messing with Hue and inadvertenly messed up my Oozie installation. I
wanted to reinstall and got myself in a situation where I¹m having trouble
recovering from . Using the Ambari API I am trying to put Oozie in
maintenance mode just so I could reinstall and I am getting the following
message:

message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: An
internal system exception occurred: Invalid transition for
servicecomponenthost, clusterName=NYPTest, clusterId=2, serviceName=OOZIE,
componentName=OOZIE_SERVER, hostname=machine02, currentState=INIT,
newDesiredState=MAINTENANCE"

If I try to use api to install the service I get:

"status" : 404,
  "message" :
"org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.NoSuchResourceException: The
specified resource doesn't exist: Service not found,

Any hints?

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named
recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not
the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender
at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all
copies of this message.  Thank you.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE